Jack Tatar’s new book continues to change how people view retirement and brings families together to have ‘The Talk’ about retirement.
Jack Tatar, who has written two books that are changing how people view retirement and is a leading contributor to media outlets regarding retirement (including The Wall Street Journal’s Marketwatch website) has just published his book, Having The Talk: The Four Keys to Your Parents’ Safe Retirement.
This unique book examines the growing need for adult children to have “the Talk” with their retiring or retired parents about concerns such as medical proxies, healthcare and estate planning, wills, trusts, and the fact that 70% of people over age 65 will require some form of long-‐term care.
This book provides a game plan on how to have the talk and incorporates Jack Tatar’s innovative Four Keys approach to a safe retirement. By following Jack’s game plan laid out in his book, readers will understand:
• What the talk is and why it’s important to have it earlier, rather than later. • How to start the talk with your parents and use talking points to keep them engaged.
• What to discuss during the talk, ensuring that all the important topics and details are covered.
• How to create, maintain, and review a financial plan for retirement.
• The latest up-to‐date information on health matters pertaining to retirees.
• How to maintain a positive attitude in retirement.
• How to create an effective social structure and network for retirees.
As with Jack’s previous books, Safe 4 Retirement: The Four Keys to a Safe Retirement and The 10 Joys of a Safe Retirement, this new book will change the way people think about retirement. The talk will bring families together so that they stay together.