In the book, ‘Safe 4 Retirement : The 4 Keys to a Safe Retirement’ we provide the following list of valued web sites providing reputable information on health matters:
- The Mayo Clinic is excellent quality and highly reputable. http://www.mayoclinic.com/
- WebMD is has well researched information. http://www.webmd.com/
- The American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/
- The American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
- The American Stroke Association. http://www.strokeassociation.org/
- Women’s Health America. http://womenshealth.com/patient
- Women’s Heart Foundation. http://www.womensheart.org/
- The American Hospital Directory provides data on most US hospitals, including certain quality measures. http://www.ahd.com/
- The American Hospital Association. http://www.aha.org/
- The Alzheimer’s Association. http://www.alz.org/index.asp
- The American Lung Association. http://www.lungusa.org/
- Harvard School of Public Health/Nutrition Source Homepage provides nutrition information, including vitamins. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/index.html
- The DailyGreen.com. A site dedicated to green eating and living. http://www.thedailygreen.com/
- Dr. Jim Duke’s Web site for herbs. http://www.greenpharmacy.com/
- The Yoga Journal, an online magazine. http://www.yogajournal.com/
- The American Association for Retired Persons. www.aarp.org/
- The government site for Medicare information. http://www.medicare.gov/default.aspx.
- The Mayo Clinic Health Policy Center link. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthpolicycenter/.
- County Health Rankings, a group that rates the health of each county in every state in America. http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/.
- The Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network (RASN) has a great resource for those suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis. http://rheumatoidarthritis.org
- The State of New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services site, which ranks the quality of every hospital in the state. Other states may have similar reports. http://www.state.nj.us/health/quality/reports.shtml.
WITHIN THE Safe4Retirement WEB SITE
We’d love to hear of any sites that you feel are worthy to be included here or comments on current Health issues by filling out the form below.