In his book, Having The Talk: The Four Keys to Your Parents’ Safe Retirement, Jack Tatar provided a game plan for having one of the most necessary and vital family conversations—the talk between adult children and their retired or retiring parents. As Jack stresses, the talk is best done sooner rather than later and his approach to having the talk goes beyond just the financial aspects to also consider what he calls the Four Keys to a Safe Retirement.
In this concise and informative book, Jack collects recent articles and excerpts from his book on this topic to provide the reader with an easy to read book that can be read and shared between families in order to ensure that “the Talk” occurs.
In this book, Jack covers the following:
- What are the Four Keys to a Safe Retirement?
- How do you Begin the Talk?
- What are the Six Vital Financial Questions to ask?
- What are the Danger Signs for Elderly Investors?
- What are the 5 Critical Health Questions to Ask?
- Should we discuss Long-Term Care Planning?
- How do you Leave a Legacy in Retirement?
- How Can You Find Purpose in Retirement?
- What is the Secret to a Longer Retirement?
- How Important is Social Networking for Retirees?
- Should My Parents Move Closer to Me?
- And more! This book also contains a special offer for all readers to gain 50% off of Jack’s innovative home study program that helps retirees and pre-retirees to achieve a Safe Retirement.